The immigration office takes the application for extension from the 4 months prior to the expiration(for example, if the expiry date is March 31st, the application is accepted from December 1st of the previous year). To align the academic schedule, the immigration office sets expiry date as “March 31st” or “September 30”. So, if a student applies for the extension much earlier than the expiry date, the new date would be set as March or September. It’s highly recommended to complete it at least 10 days earlier from the expiry date and do it online through the HiKorea website.

Basically, working outside of Ulsan is prohibited. If a company is located outside of Ulsan but allows a student work in Ulsan, the official document which proves remote-working is necessary. The part-time job is also not allowed if a company is not a Korean company or branch.

The minimum living expense, which is considered when extending foreign registration, increases every year. For 2021, the living expense per month is approx. 820,000won(one person).

A graduate student who joins a research project in a lab can access one’s income data by logging on the Hometax, which is a Korean government tax system.  If you feel difficult to check since it’s in Korean, please come to the CIA office with a digital banking certificate.

The income can be different from each student although they get the same stipend. The stipend consists of scholarships and research stipend so it’s important to check how much research stipend you get.

The NHI branch office accepts the application by fax. If you contact the CIA office, you can receive the form. Since the payment deadline is every 25th, the application needs to be completed by the 20th if you’d like the payment automatically done from the month.

It’s on the basement of the main administration building, opposite to a UNIST health care center.

Good (Joeun) Sam-jeong Hospital
– Address: 51, Bukbusunhwan-doro, Nam-gu, Ulsan, Republic of Korea (44629)
– Address in KR: 울산광역시 남구 무거동 북부순환도로 51
– Phone Number: 052-220-7500
– Opened from 9am – 6pm (Mon – Fri) | 9am-1pm (Sat)
* For PCR Test, please visit at 10 am or 2 pm weekdays. (Walk-in Only)
– Website: http://www.sam-jeong.or.kr/

* For those who need an English result certificate, please ask the front desk. English certificate is issued with extra charge.

Please note that UNIST is not affiliated with the clinic/hospital above. We listed the information for UNIST members’ convenience and all UNIST members are free to search for a clinic/hospital on their own.
The Center for International Affairs is not responsible for any charge and/or communication that happens at the clinics/hospital.