What is a Student ID card

A student ID card is multifunctional. It can be used as both debit card and as a transportation card. With UNIST student ID card, students can access the facilities and buildings on campus. It is also used to check attendance at a class.

How to apply

Students can apply for the student ID card at the BNK(Kyongnam) Bank at the campus in the beginning of the semester.
For newly admitted students and exchange students guidelines will be offered before your arrival. 
For visiting international students, follow the guidelines provided upon your arrival by the Center for Int’l Affairs staff.

All students need to be sure to bring all the necessary documents to the bank.
It may take up to one week to have the student card issued.

To gain building access to the campus with the student ID card, visit the security team located at the first floor of main administration building (201) after receiving the student ID card from the bank. The office is on the 1st floor next to the information desk.

Required documents
  • Certificate of Enrollment
  • Confirmation of Residence
    (For those who live at the dorms: visit ‘’ – Log-in – My Page – Certificate Issuance – Confirmation of Residence – Print)
  • 1 color digital photo
    (To be digitally sent to the security team)
  • Passport

*Students who are residing off-campus MUST bring a copy of residence contract with the students’ name on it.
If the contract is under acquaintance’s name, the student MUST wait until they have their Residence Card issued first by the Ulsan Immigration Office. 
Once the students have the Residence Card (FRC), they can visit the bank.

For International Students

When you need a certificate regarding your academic affairs, you can download it on the UNIST portal or print it out from Certificate Kiosk (Certificate issuance machine).

If you would like to download and print on the portal, please visit here.

The kiosks are located at the main administration bldg 201 (first floor) and at bldg 104 (first floor). It costs KRW500 for one copy of the certificate. Card payment accepted only.

Type of Certificates 

  • Enrollment
  • Course completion
  • Graduation
  • Expulsion
  • Degree conferment
  • Expected graduation
  • Expected course completion
  • Expected degree conferment
  • Academic transcript
  • Leave of  absence

If you need certificates other than listed above, please contact the Educational Affairs Team.

Document Management Room (DMR)

The office offering postal services on behalf of Korea Post Office is located at Building 201 on floor B1.
Here, you can send letters, postcards, or parcels.
Letters in the envelopes are classified as ordinary mail. Mail items exceeding 2kg are classified as packages or parcels.

Postal charge varies according to the weight of the item. In addition, Express Mail Service (EMS) is offered at the DRM for letters, documents, or packages that must arrive on time. EMS mail is specially handled according to an agreement between Korea Post and a reputable foreign mail authority.

How to Respond to Emergencies – On Campus

  • Step 1. Call “0119(extension no.)” (Control center for 24-hour emergency assistance): If you find yourself in an urgent situation such as a medical emergency, fire, or theft
  • Step 2. Report the Situation
  • Step 3. State your name and department, state the location of the emergency, tell the person what happened, give the person the phone number you can be reached at

How to Respond Emergencies – Off-Campus

The urgent situation regarding crime

  • Call “112”: Crime, Report of Missing child, School violence, Theft, Robbery, Female violence, Suicide-Mental Health, Smuggling Customs, Cyber Terror
  • In an urgent situation regarding crime, the cop will be dispatched right after receive your report at 112.
  • 112 can receive your call through “conference call” for translation service.

* The closest police station from UNIST: Eonyang Police Station  (address: 77, Namcheonduk-gil, Eonyang-eup, Ulju-gun, Ulsan)

Not urgent situation:

When you need help or counsel regarding crime, violence etc, you can visit Ulsan Ulju Police Station Foreigner Affairs Section (address: 6, Jeomchon 6-gil, Beomseo-eup, Ulju-gu0n, Ulsan)

The urgent situation regarding fire, medical emergency, etc.

  • Call “119”: Fire, Medical Emergency, Disaster, Rescue, Gas, Electricity, Waterworks.
  • 119 control center will be dispatched fire-fighter or ambulance right after receive your report.

* 119 can receive your call through “conference call” for translation service.

How to Respond to Earthquake Emergency at UNIST

  During an Earthquake

  1. Stay away from nearby windows, shelves, ceilings, and places where objects may fall, and stay under a sturdy desk or table.
  2. Attempt an emergency escape as soon as possible before the exit door becomes blocked.

After the shaking subsides

  1. Ensure the safety of your evacuation route and calmly make your way towards somewhere safe.
  2. Always use stairs: never use elevators.

More information for emergencies including natural disasters  

How to respond to emergencies including natural disasters (typhoons, earthquakes, heat waves, etc.), societal disasters (fires, wildfires, prevention of infectious diseases, etc.), and everyday situations (swimming in summer, first aid, etc.) can be found at www.safekorea.